Daily Challenge Day to Day 276

Name
Matt
Start Date
Mar 3, 2021
End Date
Mar 3, 2021
A sombre memory, yet surprisingly little known in the Northern hemisphere: The 1985 Algarrobo earthquake off the Chile coast was a hellish one - its 177 victims may not appear record-breaking, but about a million people were left homeless.

Yes, the earthquake received so little "Northern" coverage that I wasn't able to discover an English video about it (I didn't try too hard) ... So we all have to dig out our Spanish (mine's super-rusty, but I try ...).

And here's some random "neatness", maybe to counterbalance the silent horrors of empathy:

276^2=76176 <- a number that contains twice 76, just as described - or prescribed, rather - by its "parent", and separated by the one and only - 1!

(Sorry, I know this is completely silly, but there you go ...).

M.

A sombre memory, yet surprisingly little known in the Northern hemisphere: The 1985 Algarrobo earthquake off the Chile coast was a hellish one - its 177 victims may not appear record-breaking, but about a million people were left homeless.

Yes, the earthquake received so little "Northern" coverage that I wasn't able to discover an English video about it (I didn't try too hard) ... So we all have to dig out our Spanish (mine's super-rusty, but I try ...).

And here's some random "neatness", maybe to counterbalance the silent horrors of empathy:

276^2=76176 <- a number that contains twice 76, just as described - or prescribed, rather - by its "parent", and separated by the one and only - 1!

(Sorry, I know this is completely silly, but there you go ...).

M.
It’s really hard to decide between the sad and laughing emojis on this one.

P2216245.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It takes a certain twisted perspective to be willing to view the world through the eyes of different lifeform. In this case, the life-form was a fish who likes old, rusted automobiles--

View attachment 250709
You know, now that you mention it, the old "chlapf"* is actually making a kissy face ;)

M.

*Swiss German, mockingly/fondly depreciative of any car - but especially for old and derelict ones.

Back