Daily Challenge Day to Day 279

Name
Matt
Start Date
Mar 6, 2021
End Date
Mar 6, 2021
On March 6, 1475, Michelangelo Buonarotti, arguably one of the gratest sculptors of all time, was born. Here's Simon Whistler for you again:

Most of you will have seen his great and better known work (even those who haven't seen the sculptures know about "The Final Judgement" in the Sistine Chapel); I happened to think about the impressive "Moses" (in S. Pietro in Vincoli) you can get much closer to than most other sculptures and was about to use Wikipedia's image to recommend visiting this when you happen to be in Rome - and then I remembered this:

2021-03-05-0001.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yeah, I know. Mediocre IQ and all. But this was taken by me, at the age of 17, with the only camera I owned back then, a humble(!) Minolta Hi-Matic GF, using the built-in flash. Considering this, I'm still quite fond of the image, even though I obviously missed focus (given the fact that this was taken in near darkness, I'm actually fine with it).

M.

This was taken using my Lens Ball, a cool little photo accessory that I accidentally discovered years ago, when I read a blog post Steve Huff devoted to it. I had been thinking of a quote by Lewis Carroll - "I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - and realizing I've felt that way myself.

G1x_Mar6_21_autorretrato_globe.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Back