Daily Challenge Day to Day 28

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jun 28, 2020
End Date
Jun 28, 2020
An ominous date:

On June 28, 1914, a passionate nationalist assassinated a prospective emperor and his wife, causing Europe's leaders to lose their cool and deliberately cause the death of dozens of millions of people in the Great War ... This should tell us a lot. Unfortunately, it appears that it still doesn't speak to too many people ...

M.

P8194069.1.JPG

This is where I left the project yesterday afternoon. Sanding is a big part of crafting a custom stringed instrument, and in this case I'm doing a lot of slow and deliberate hand sanding. I don't want to remove too much material at once, and I don't want to fill the air with sawdust. I wear a mask as a precaution, but most of the dust falls to the bench, where it can be easily vacuumed. Any machine sanding I do has to take place out in the garage, with the door open and me standing at the edge of the driveway.

DSCF0079.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
An ominous date:

On June 28, 1914, a passionate nationalist assassinated a prospective emperor and his wife, causing Europe's leaders to lose their cool and deliberately cause the death of dozens of millions of people in the Great War ... This should tell us a lot. Unfortunately, it appears that it still doesn't speak to too many people ...

M.
ossuaire/Verdun-France
This is what the victims got - put me off for the rest of my life

IMG_0001 Kopie.jpg

As I understand the rules & regulations of this challenge, I can use whatever, shoot whatever, as long as it's shot today? I don't mind making a fool of myself, as long as it's premeditated on my part. So, with the parameters thusly understood, here goes:
DSC_0311-01.jpeg

Nikon D70 w/Macro Rokkor-QF f:3.5/50 mm
in a MD to PK adapter
in a glassed PK to Nikon adapter

EDIT: I've now cleaned the sensor to get rid of the hair to the right of the nose hole...
Nikon D70 manual pp 194-195 and rubber air blower

Last edited:
Back