Daily Challenge Day to Day 287

Pre-dawn shadows.

DSCF4141.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Old Man Grader, that Old Man Grader . . .
View attachment 251830
And here's me looking for a bit of respite ... ;)

Honestly, I've been doing the same thing on and off the whole afternoon (one left for today to lighten the load for tomorrow ... or maybe, if I manage, two; essays, no less).

Good shot, by the way - my "Wow" was more like: Oh no, more of the same ...

M.

And here's me looking for a bit of respite ... ;)

Honestly, I've been doing the same thing on and off the whole afternoon (one left for today to lighten the load for tomorrow ... or maybe, if I manage, two; essays, no less).

Good shot, by the way - my "Wow" was more like: Oh no, more of the same ...

M.
Do you ever get the urge to write “right words, wrong order”?

Do you ever get the urge to write “right words, wrong order”?
:D Rarely, fortunately - but it actually happens, and it did today. But more often, they smuggle in dialect or colloquialisms you simply can't - or at least shouldn't - use in writing.

I always wanted to write "right words, no sense".
*That* sounds familiar. Again, fortunately, not an issue today - much ...

M.

The Q7 has an internal jpeg setting called 'Reversal film' whose colour palette I find both understated and appealing. I used it for this shot - of peeling bark on a tree in the garden - which almost looked like it could be used for a form of parchment paper, as possibly our ancestors once did.

Q7_Mar14_21_tree_bark.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm going to have to find my oldest fountain pen to try this (the writing-on-tree-bark-idea) out.

:D Rarely, fortunately - but it actually happens, and it did today. But more often, they smuggle in dialect or colloquialisms you simply can't - or at least shouldn't - use in writing.

*That* sounds familiar. Again, fortunately, not an issue today - much ...

M.
In chemistry, they just string together terms like it’s some kind of incantation. “Electron, photon, emission, transition, XRF, valence . . .” Add a few articles and prepositions to make it “Englishy” and turn one of the nouns into a verb, e.g., emissionize.

In chemistry, they just string together terms like it’s some kind of incantation. “Electron, photon, emission, transition, XRF, valence . . .” Add a few articles and prepositions to make it “Englishy” and turn one of the nouns into a verb, e.g., emissionize.
It took me half a semester to realize molarity had nothing to do with fuzzy blind rodents that dig up your yard.

Back