Daily Challenge Day to Day 292

P1037621.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Still Corona-emptiness.

A true point and shoot failure. I failed to look at the X30's exposure meter, or notice that I still had the camera set on ISO 3200 from a previous low light session. There was no rescuing this image, even with the raw file.

View attachment 252420
Well, you managed a nice shimmering green, so it's still quite a nice shot to look at!

I made myself struggle today - first, I forgot my SD card for the E-M5 III at home; very rare event, but of course, it took some time and attempted shots for me to even notice it because, literally the minute I left the house, it started to snow(!), and the wind was making things distracting enough for me to overlook the "no card" warning ... I returned home (the snow had subsided) and picked up another camera because frankly, most of the opportunities I had seen for a shorter focal length had gone. So I put the Nikon AF-P 70-300mm E on the Z 50 via the FTZ adapter (lovely compact combo with lots of reach, capable of very nice results). All good, ey?! No. After only ten minutes into my second attempt at a walk, the driving snow came back with a vengeance, things turned nasty and biting cold, and even though the combo is pretty well sealed overall, I had taken no bag and was forced to carry it back home in the hand (there wasn't any space below my soft shell jacket) - all I could do was swear and trudge on. Wild - and a bit much for what should have been just a little outing to get a couple of worthwhile shots. Whatever ... Here's one I managed to squeeze in between disaster and mayhem ...

Z50_1185.jpg

(The Z 50 and the adapter/lens combo seem to have survived this unfortunate interlude ... I have to hope that everything is as fine as it appears.)

M.

Well, you managed a nice shimmering green, so it's still quite a nice shot to look at!

I made myself struggle today - first, I forgot my SD card for the E-M5 III at home; very rare event, but of course, it took some time and attempted shots for me to even notice it because, literally the minute I left the house, it started to snow(!), and the wind was making things distracting enough for me to overlook the "no card" warning ... I returned home (the snow had subsided) and picked up another camera because frankly, most of the opportunities I had seen for a shorter focal length had gone. So I put the Nikon AF-P 70-300mm E on the Z 50 via the FTZ adapter (lovely compact combo with lots of reach, capable of very nice results). All good, ey?! No. After only ten minutes into my second attempt at a walk, the driving snow came back with a vengeance, things turned nasty and biting cold, and even though the combo is pretty well sealed overall, I had taken no bag and was forced to carry it back home in the hand (there wasn't any space below my soft shell jacket) - all I could do was swear and trudge on. Wild - and a bit much for what should have been just a little outing to get a couple of worthwhile shots. Whatever ... Here's one I managed to squeeze in between disaster and mayhem ...

View attachment 252451

(The Z 50 and the adapter/lens combo seem to have survived this unfortunate interlude ... I have to hope that everything is as fine as it appears.)

M.

You may have literally squeezed this shot 'between disaster and mayhem'... but it came out beautifully. Great image, Matt.

My son and his wife are buying their first house, but it requires quite a bit of work and elbow grease so they have been spending long hours painting and sanding and what not. Along the way, some of the old fixtures are slated to be replaced - including this old toilet, which now sits out on their porch, overlooking their garden, awaiting its future fate.

Q7_Mar19_21_Toilet_on_porch.jpg

The monochrome version looked much more like a photograph than the color original.

View attachment 252451

M.
When does the weather begin to warm for you?

When does the weather begin to warm for you?
We're having a cold snap, and that's pretty normal, but the ferociousness and persistence of it is somewhat unusual (it's not going to end for some days to come). The last cold days can be as late as mid May around here, but such a long sequence of days with temperatures below 0°C after mid March is unusual (or at least has become so). Anyway, considering that we went as high as 20°C only a few days ago, it's quite a bit of a drag. I myself can basically deal with any kind of weather - but not all of my gear can, and yesterday's snow spells did surprise me (as in, they were not in the forecast for late afternoon!). "Testing" conditions, one might say ... And of course, the mistakes were all mine.

M.

Last edited:
Back