Daily Challenge Day to Day 3

P6013264.1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One more with Raynox 250

Somewhere in the mists of time, someone discovered that Tru-Oil Gun Stock Finish makes an excellent finish for musical instruments. My preferred method is to seal the wood with 6-8 thin coats of shellac (quart bottle), then apply an equal number thin coats of Tru-Oil. Lightly buffing between coats with a 3M Scotch-Brite pad helps with adhesion and leveling the coats. Total curing time after the final coat is 1-2 weeks.

DSCF0006.JPG

In the neighboring small city of Ashland, Oregon, there is a small 'fast food' restaurant outside the local Hardware store - 'Simple Cafe' was founded by a brilliant world-class Chef from Mexico who moved to Oregon years earlier and tired of being an executive chef in larger, fancier, more elegant dining establishments - and chose to open up his own small place. During the lockdown and shelter-at-home of the Corona quarantine, his wonderful takeout creations have enlivened the lives and palates of many, myself included. Here he is, holding the mind-bogglingly tasty (and complex) breakfast burrito which he created for today's menu---

GRII_June3_SimpleCafe_Javier#2(EKportra).jpg

Himalayan salt rock light that supposedly adds beneficial 'salted light' into the ambience. I hope that is true. But if not, then at least it provides a rather nice mood light effect.
With the late evening sun it makes a somewhat interesting composition for June 3rd.

F0B2949C-8CA5-4B33-A224-BA9819F8CFA3_1_201_a.jpeg

Back