Daily Challenge Day to Day 302

Name
Matt
Start Date
Mar 29, 2021
End Date
Mar 29, 2021
Four ...

I saw this the first time last Thursday - this one's for Steve (as well as for the rest of us):

fe.jpg

Other than that, let's just say that researching the "four elements" for a non-esoterically minded person like me is a real trial ...

If you like beatboxing, you might want to research Razhel on YT, though - the video I found wasn't original (so, possibly pirated material, not for posting here), but it *was* interesting.

M.

Other than that, let's just say that researching the "four elements" for a non-esoterically minded person like me is a real trial ...
M.
Over 5000 years ago the Indian sages wrote down the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and akasha. The latter hasn't been found yet by our scientists, but I'm sure someday it will. This list can be found in all important Indian books, from the Vedas to the Upanishads, Puranas, Samkhya Karika and Bhagavad Gita.

Over 5000 years ago the Indian sages wrote down the five elements: earth, water, fire, air and akasha. The latter hasn't been found yet by our scientists, but I'm sure someday it will. This list can be found in all important Indian books, from the Vedas to the Upanishads, Puranas, Samkhya Karika and Bhagavad Gita.
As I've mentioned before, I took students to India for a course on their health care system. I had the chance to talk to some folks there about the concept of akasha in modern science. It is often translated as "aether", a concept that has fallen away in modern science. Space-Time is another possibility, especially when you add the concept of the hot vacuum, which is spacetime with matter and antimatter spontaneously coming into existence. The problem is that modern physical theories like string theory or quantum field theories are completely mathematical in nature so you are often identifying "things" as variables or terms or even just conditions. Of course, akasha also has spiritual overtones as well, making for even more lively discussions.

Outside, in the garden area, a burn pile - of discarded clippings and twigs - has been accumulating. But if you are an immature White-crowned sparrow... it may be the perfect place for alimentary investigation---

RX10_Mar29_21_juvenile_White-crowned_Sparrow#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Note the tiny and possibly tasty morsel still gripped in its beak.

Back