Daily Challenge Day to Day 304

P3296389.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In honor of the fact that we have done a full year of postings - I'm thinking back to March of 2020 when the pandemic was hitting everyone hard, everywhere, and when masks, and wearing them, were suddenly a very big deal. I think that was when I first put a mask onto the Zombie Head who sits atop one of my bookshelves, so it seemed somehow fitting to photograph him - or 'it' - again. I'm using my still new-to-me GX9, which I got partially because of some of the superb GX9 photos I've seen over the last few months here (including yours, Matt!), but because of its internal l.monochrome.d jpeg setting, which I like a lot, and am using here---

GX9_Mar31_21_Midnight_Zombie.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In honor of the fact that we have done a full year of postings - I'm thinking back to March of 2020 when the pandemic was hitting everyone hard, everywhere, and when masks, and wearing them, were suddenly a very big deal. I think that was when I first put a mask onto the Zombie Head who sits atop one of my bookshelves, so it seemed somehow fitting to photograph him - or 'it' - again. I'm using my still new-to-me GX9, which I got partially because of some of the superb GX9 photos I've seen over the last few months here (including yours, Matt!), but because of its internal l.monochrome.d jpeg setting, which I like a lot, and am using here---

View attachment 253780
Oh yes, I do remember the image you mention ... This is a fitting, nay, bespoke way of ticking off the year.

M.

The way you framed these 3 animals, Don, is... really quite cool.

I get the feeling, looking at the photograph, that all 3 of them are momentarily faking being inanimate sculptures, but that once the photographer has tripped the shutter, taken the image and turned away, they will all burst out of the temporary state of suspended animation, and keep on going wherever they were headed before you 'interrupted' them.

It's a great image.

The way you framed these 3 animals, Don, is... really quite cool.

I get the feeling, looking at the photograph, that all 3 of them are momentarily faking being inanimate sculptures, but that once the photographer has tripped the shutter, taken the image and turned away, they will all burst out of the temporary state of suspended animation, and keep on going wherever they were headed before you 'interrupted' them.

It's a great image.
Miguel, thanks for your comment. This is a new find for me. I had heard about it and decided to visit today for the last day of the year of daily images. These three are just part of a collection of large and eclectic sculptures that are near a busy freeway intersection. They are made into an action pose, so your observation is right on.
Fun place to photograph, so I am sure to return when I have more time.

Back