Daily Challenge Day to Day 305

P1037722.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of my favourites on my daily walk. I call him "Knotty".

You folks have gotten to see plenty of my basement workshop over the past year, so I'll leave you with one last image of my small guitar project. It is complete save for the all-important bridge attachment and installation of the electronic pickup. Shortly before we began Single in April 2020, the guitar was just a stack of rough boards. The second image shows the beginning of the rosette, which was one of the first parts I made.

DSCF4221.JPG

rosette1.jpg

You folks have gotten to see plenty of my basement workshop over the past year, so I'll leave you with one last image of my small guitar project. It is complete save for the all-important bridge attachment and installation of the electronic pickup. Shortly before we began Single in April 2020, the guitar was just a stack of rough boards. The second image shows the beginning of the rosette, which was one of the first parts I made.

View attachment 253838
View attachment 253839
What a deep (and earned) feeling of satisfaction must such an achievement give. Another beauty (almost) finished. Congratulations, Tony.

On a walk up the rural lane that runs up into the hills, I passed my octogenarian neighbor, a retired college professor and avid gardener. He looked up from his weeding and gave me a grin - which seems like a good way to wrap up this remarkable run of day-to-day images over the last year---

RX10_Apr1_21_the_neighbor.jpg

Thanks to everyone for broadening my horizons immeasurably - and, though it almost goes without saying, major props to Matt for organizational savoir-faire, for daily nuggets of wisdom, and for making this all happen.

Back