Daily Challenge Day to Day 38

Beginning early yesterday morning, I spent the day hand rubbing thin coats of Tru-Oil on the ukulele body about every 4 hours, buffing lightly between coats to level the finish. As I wanted a thin, lightweight finish on this instrument, I'll apply no further coats, but will allow the finish to cure further for a few days before flipping the instrument over and doing the soundboard.

DSCF0093.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The feline likes to curl up and nap in higher altitudes but this morning, he was napping on a pillow that is closer-to-ground-level - and to my surprise I found myself appreciating the X30's flip-out screen - which meant framing and close focusing was doable without massive acrobatic contortions--

X30_July8_Cat_nap(ClassicChrome).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For those wondering, the cat - whose full name is Horace Walpole - was a homeless wandering stray before he adopted me (and not the other way around); in his previous lives, he had at least one close-encounter with the local Animal Control constabulary, which can be inferred from his clipped ear, an indignity that indigent cats are subjected to.

Back