Daily Challenge Day to Day 4

This window on a small 14th century tower in town marks a starting-point. It's the one at the bottom (see attachment).
During one week a series of transformational metamorphoses will be posted, one a day.
P5303107.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• P5303106.1.JPG
    P5303106.1.JPG
    676.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I worked on this shot for a few days. It's right outside my office so I could take a new one when I worked it out. There was really obvious lens distortion until I thought to update my ACR which included a correction for the new sigma 45. I show a comparison over in the discussion thread.
umbrella.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brotherly love ...

View attachment 224844

A quirky Leica with a very nice Voigtländer lens shot by a nice Leica and a very quirky Voigtländer lens ... (the original Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 MC <- no less ;))

M.

This is such a great photograph, Matt.
For a lot of reasons.
Including its sense of mystery, both visual....and otherwise.
And the multiple levels of what we are seeing, what might be reflected, or refracted, and what is 'real' and what is not.
I keep coming back to look at it, again and again.

This is such a great photograph, Matt.
For a lot of reasons.
Including its sense of mystery, both visual....and otherwise.
And the multiple levels of what we are seeing, what might be reflected, or refracted, and what is 'real' and what is not.
I keep coming back to look at it, again and again.
Thank you so much, Miguel, really appreciated.

I had thought about that shot (or rather, the idea for one like it) for some time, but due to the minimum focus distance of those rangefinder lenses, I didn't have any idea how to make it look interesting. When I placed the M8 on my desk for an attempt there, I saw it would be very hard to light evenly by the desk lamp alone - but instead of arranging things differently, I chose to light it intentionally "randomly", with a bland background (again, a bit of a struggle - I had to push back against the desk myself). However, what really made the image was the flare - it's actually the first and only shot I took for this to happen ... I was lucky there.

M.

Back