Daily Challenge Day to Day 44

The Swiss can make *anything* look quaint (and then someone will come and put a tag on it nowadays; I didn't show that one).

In case you wonder: This is an old local transformer station, probably converted into a party room or something along those lines ...

IMG_2142.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Test fitting a set of Rosewood violin pegs in a scrap block of Black Walnut. A tapered reamer is used to get the hole sizes correct, and the peg lube is used by violinists to ensure smooth operation of the pegs during tuning. Amazon claimed this particular lube was the original "unmodified proven formula for over 100 years".

DSCF0099.JPG

My father's family come from Bolivia, and in Bolivia, there is an ancient pre-Inca deity whose tiny doll-like representation can be found everywhere: the Ekeko was the spirit of abundance, of prosperity, or simply of good fortune. Having you own little ekeko is, supposedly, like having a tiny good-luck spirit with you. Here is my own ekeko, who has been with me several decades - posting his image here is, if you will, a symbolic act --- to share the good fortune with the community.

X30_July14_Ekeko(ClassicChrome).jpg

And in these complicated times, we all need a little good fortune, I think.

Last edited:
Back