Daily Challenge Day to Day 49

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jul 19, 2020
End Date
Jul 19, 2020
The first (and only) square number whose digits *are* themselves squares (7x7=49; 4=2x2, 9=3x3).

Also, the smallest number of fields you could play Tafl games on (Brandubh, to be precise), though usually, it's everything from 81 to 169 fields (9x9 to 13x13 - 11x11 make it Hnefatafl; there even have been 15x15 boards found ...). I really like Hnefatafl - the true "Viking chess" (sometimes, they call Kubb that - but that's really not appropriate)!

M.

The final coats of Tru-Oil have been applied on the baritone ukulele project. I'll now set the project aside and allow the finish to cure a couple of weeks before final polishing and assembly.

DSCF0105.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Most of the result of (finally!!!) printing some of my favorite images from the last couple of months. It was a lot of fun ...

LM102550.jpg

Nothing new there for those who regularily look at my images on this forum ... I posted all of them.

I'll change these from time to time; I now have the workflow to do this efficently.

Unfortunately, I only came 80% of the way - when setting up the portrait orientation triptych (there's a space for it just off to the right of this arrangement), I broke the glass (and stupidely chipped off a bit of my right pinky when the rest of the pane shattered on disposal ... but I'll certainly not post an image of that ...). Now I have to get a new frame; I really hope I can get the same type again ...

On the flip side, I'll get to post another cheap "home improvement" shot some time next week ;)

M.

One of the addictions I suffer from is acquiring books...and then more books...until I need not merely more bookshelves but another room or two, or possibly a new house, to put them all in. Then there are the ones I inherited from my parents, including an ancient set of the works of Mr. Kipling. Most of them are sitting on one of the shelves in my overcrowded(with books, that is) writing office.

I was staring at them this morning, and thinking it's been far too long since I've read Kipling who, in spite of his many and real faults, as a writer and human being, still managed to turn some nice phrases.

X30_July19_Kipling(ColorEfex).jpg

Back