Daily Challenge Day to Day 53

I enjoy working in wood, and sometimes I do it with no purpose in mind. I salvaged a few boards from a pallet and ran them through my planer. I've been thinking I might build a ukulele completely from salvaged wood, and these might be a good start, nail holes and all:

DSCF0112.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, this almost became embarrassing ... I just can shed the irritating habit to just ride when I take the bike ... I took a camera for "Day to Day", but it didn't come out of the bag; my experimental stuff from this afternoon already went into other threads ...

Luckily, I took *two* images with the GR III ... Sorry, not the ideal camera for this shot, but the other camera wouldn't have been much better (M8 with 28mm ... 35mm-e).

GR000788.jpg

This tree caught my eye for years and years - the road is part of my way to work (or back home, more precisely). But I never stopped to take a shot.

I'll be back to get a different composition - because the new cycle track makes this so much easier.

M.

Approaching the Hart Mountain National Monument - which also happens to be a refuge for the decreasing numbers of wild antelopes in the western region of the United States - there is a commemorative sign just as one enters the mountain/refuge area.

This is a close-up of the animal in question, on the sign.

X30_July23_Antelope_Sign.jpg

Back