Daily Challenge Day to Day 56

P1025282.1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The tuners from yesterday's image have been installed on the ukulele neck. Each tuning key consists of 11 parts that must be disassembled out of the package, then reassembled on the neck in order and perfectly aligned to ensure proper function. Great care must be taken not to drop a tiny washer or bushing during the process. I breathed a sigh of relief when I was finished.

DSCF0117.JPG

The tuners from yesterday's image have been installed on the ukulele neck. Each tuning key consists of 11 parts that must be disassembled out of the package, then reassembled on the neck in order and perfectly aligned to ensure proper function. Great care must be taken not to drop a tiny washer or bushing during the process. I breathed a sigh of relief when I was finished.

View attachment 229783
Great job, Tony. A beauty of a headstock. And Gotoh is definitely number 1 for tuners.

Those who love old Ford trucks, believe they will run forever.
Those who don't, believe that Ford stands for 'Fix or Repair Daily'.
I don't fall into either camp, but something about old trucks - the way they were designed, with form following function - gets to me. I saw this oldie-but-goodie permanently parked alongside the road, east of Klamath Falls, Oregon.

X30_July26_Ford_Pickup(VSCOPortra800).jpg

Those who love old Ford trucks, believe they will run forever.
Those who don't, believe that Ford stands for 'Fix or Repair Daily'.
I don't fall into either camp, but something about old trucks - the way they were designed, with form following function - gets to me. I saw this oldie-but-goodie permanently parked alongside the road, east of Klamath Falls, Oregon.
I've never owned a pickup and have driven one only rarely, but the old models from that era had a certain charm to them.

Back