Challenge! Day to Day 58

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Part of my busy little basement workshop. The bench is where I do measuring and layout, drilling, light duty cutting and sawing, gluing, finishing, and photography - anything not involving filling the air with sawdust. For that, I go up to the garage, where my table saw, planer, thickness sander, various powered hand sanders, and upright dust collector are all tucked in a corner and ready to be pulled out when needed.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I moved to Oregon a few decades ago, to Southern Oregon, specifically. It took me awhile to discover some of the region's traditions - including one I am rather fond of: many 'old' Oregon families have a painting of 'Crater Lake' - the remarkable volcanic-caldera-transformed-into-a-lake which sits in the middle of the Cascade mountain range, a few hours from where my old farmhouse is. Many years ago, at a yard (rummage) sale, I found what appeared to be an old painting of Crater Lake. Not perhaps the most artistic rendition - but in keeping with my adopted state's traditions, it now hangs on a wall - an archway between rooms, actually - in the 1902 farmhouse I inhabit.

Here it is --

XP_July28_Crater_Lake_painting.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom