Daily Challenge Day to Day 58

Part of my busy little basement workshop. The bench is where I do measuring and layout, drilling, light duty cutting and sawing, gluing, finishing, and photography - anything not involving filling the air with sawdust. For that, I go up to the garage, where my table saw, planer, thickness sander, various powered hand sanders, and upright dust collector are all tucked in a corner and ready to be pulled out when needed.

DSCF0119.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I moved to Oregon a few decades ago, to Southern Oregon, specifically. It took me awhile to discover some of the region's traditions - including one I am rather fond of: many 'old' Oregon families have a painting of 'Crater Lake' - the remarkable volcanic-caldera-transformed-into-a-lake which sits in the middle of the Cascade mountain range, a few hours from where my old farmhouse is. Many years ago, at a yard (rummage) sale, I found what appeared to be an old painting of Crater Lake. Not perhaps the most artistic rendition - but in keeping with my adopted state's traditions, it now hangs on a wall - an archway between rooms, actually - in the 1902 farmhouse I inhabit.

Here it is --

XP_July28_Crater_Lake_painting.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back