Daily Challenge Day to Day 64

Hmmpf. The song projects being 64 in the future. It's something in the past for me, 2 years ago :).
Sorry about that - I actually pondered that for a minute or two, but then I realised that at the moment, I rather envy all of you who have already reached the calmer seas of retirement (what with me having to re-enter the classroom in only a couple of weeks ...). So I thought it pretty much balances out, doesn't it ...

M.

Sorry about that - I actually pondered that for a minute or two, but then I realised that at the moment, I rather envy all of you who have already reached the calmer seas of retirement (what with me having to re-enter the classroom in only a couple of weeks ...). So I thought it pretty much balances out, doesn't it ...

M.
No worries, I can live with my age :). Nothing can't be done about it anyway. I quit working 4 years ago and I haven't looked back since, enjoying that I can do what I like for most of the day on almost any day. Our daughter considers us as "crazy-old" (slightly inadequate translation of "knetteroud", which isn't even a word you can find in a dictionary, I guess), for her being 64 years old is something in an almost infinitely far away future.

A current project:

DSCF0135.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That was easy ...

M.
One of my favourite Beatles songs, I've often sung it myself to the guitar. Though I'm six years beyond, nothing to worry about. Enjoying every minute of it.

As a (former) teacher I was confronted with age (difference) early enough and at all times throughout my teaching life.
Pupils here im my country have a special way to put it:
with 30 you're a "uhu" (under a hundred; word play with Uhu = owl ... well, I took that as a symbol of intellect, enlightenment and wisdom)
with 40 you're a "gruftie" (vaultie, cryptie; Gruft = vault, crypt)
up from 50 you're a "compostie" ... explains itself and stands for the inescapable process of decomposition ;)

Last edited:
No worries, I can live with my age :). Nothing can't be done about it anyway. I quit working 4 years ago and I haven't looked back since, enjoying that I can do what I like for most of the day on almost any day. Our daughter considers us as "crazy-old" (slightly inadequate translation of "knetteroud", which isn't even a word you can find in a dictionary, I guess), for her being 64 years old is something in an almost infinitely far away future.
My last few years at my former workplace I was the oldest person there. About 1/3 of our employees were not even born when I started working there. We all just laughed about it. I hit the ground running when I retired, and had to force myself to slow down a bit after a few months. I was pushing myself too hard with a lot of activities. Now the "newness" of retirement has faded, and I'm just enjoying life.

This old metal fence gate once graced a fence that has long since succumbed to old age - which stood in front of the equally old turn-of-the-century farmhouse where I live. But the metalwork and design were - and are - so cool - that perhaps it will find new life again, as the centerpiece of a future fence.

X30_Aug3_Old_Fence_Gate(SilverEfex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Oh, yes - I liked the way the light was falling on it, too.

Back