Daily Challenge Day to Day 66

My plan has been to turn this unused room in our basement into an art/craft studio. But after ripping up the old carpet and beginning the new floor installation, I lost interest, and it has lay untouched since the early months of 2020. I guess I underestimated my aversion to yet another DIY home improvement project. Our house isn't as old as Miguel's, but since moving in 24 years ago, I've gutted and remodeled the kitchen and a bathroom, laid almost a thousand square feet of hardwood floor, tackled seemingly countless plumbing issues, and numerous other projects. I've resolved to myself that I'll finish this room during my month of self-imposed exile from building musical instruments, but I'm not excited about the prospect.

DSCF0140.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The local library in my small Oregon town has reopened on a limited basis - but is largely deserted.
In the children's section, there are some literary animals on display, as part of a once-scheduled 'Summer Reading Program' -- "Read with Your Friends" - which has now been cancelled.

But the animals are still there...

X30_Aug5_Read_with_Your_Friends(ClChr).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And, judging from their expressions, possibly they are wiser than we (bipeds) are.

Back