Daily Challenge Day to Day 68

Matt, I think you inadvertently left "68" out of the title. Here's mine for the day.

My workbench has been used for a lot of projects in the 24 years since I built it, and this was one of them. For many years, I actively built and flew radio controlled aircraft. I mostly was drawn to smaller models, like this one, from a series of small models that had "Diddle" in their name. This was the DiddleRod, from a company called Stevens AeroModel. The hobby airplane world has always had a thriving cottage industry of companies that were started in someone's basement or garage, and Stevens was one of them. I haven't been active in the hobby for a long time, and this little model is on permanent display above my workbench. I just checked, and Stevens AeroModel still exists, with a greatly expanded line of model offerings, although this one is no longer in their catalog.

DSCF0143.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Matt, I think you inadvertently left "68" out of the title. Here's mine for the day.

My workbench has been used for a lot of projects in the 24 years since I built it, and this was one of them. For many years, I actively built and flew radio controlled aircraft. I mostly was drawn to smaller models, like this one, from a series of small models that had "Diddle" in their name. This was the DiddleRod, from a company called Stevens AeroModel. The hobby airplane world has always had a thriving cottage industry of companies that were started in someone's basement or garage, and Stevens was one of them. I haven't been active in the hobby for a long time, and this little model is on permanent display above my workbench. I just checked, and Stevens AeroModel still exists, with a greatly expanded line of model offerings, although this one is no longer in their catalog.

View attachment 231429
I did, thanks for pointing it out! Corrected.

M.

Definitely worth a look - or three ...

M.
Very powerful pics @Magnum. What is interesting and a bit frightening that the events look similar to 2020…

Back