Daily Challenge Day to Day 74

Got the rope into a neat knot
P8073552.3LP1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As I've mentioned, GAS comes in many forms. Through several decades of aeromodeling, I collected a lot of "stuff": kits, motors, batteries, tools, building supplies. Then there's the boxes full of rocketry stuff I have. I'd like to get rid of all of it, but in these COVID times, I don't want people coming to my house. I hate the thought of just throwing it all in the waste bins. I've thought of donating it all to the local aeromodeling club, but it would take many car loads for me to haul it all away.

DSCF0154.JPG

As I've mentioned, GAS comes in many forms. Through several decades of aeromodeling, I collected a lot of "stuff": kits, motors, batteries, tools, building supplies. Then there's the boxes full of rocketry stuff I have. I'd like to get rid of all of it, but in these COVID times, I don't want people coming to my house. I hate the thought of just throwing it all in the waste bins. I've thought of donating it all to the local aeromodeling club, but it would take many car loads for me to haul it all away.

View attachment 232104
You have a local aero-modelling club?

Biology has this cabinet full of old microscopes on the storage floor of the Science Addition. Bad light, behind dirty glass with a reflection, needed a high aperture of get the DoF, plagues of frogs, etc. Sometimes you go with that grainy picture look because you are taking a grainy picture.
micro2.jpg

View attachment 232104
One of my favourite definitions of man is "homo ludens" (the human being as a playing being): "Man is only fully man where he plays" (Friederich Schiller). All of us show this with their posts every day.
As I can see from your toys you're a very fine specimen of this category, Tony. ;)

Last edited:
Woke up very early this morning, close to 4 a.m. local time, to go outside in the darkness and stare at the Perseid meteor showers which are visible these days. The meteors or 'shooting stars' as they are locally called, are spectacular - but one must be patient and watch with a metaphorical eagle eye, since they are of short duration, literally flashing for a fraction of a second before disappearing.

On a whim, I set up a camera on a tripod; though I didn't 'capture' any meteors, I got a small handful of images. This was my favorite--

KP_Aug13_Night_skies#3.jpg

I'm taking the liberty of switching cameras from the little X30 which I have been using for the day-to-day Challenge - since the KP is better set up for nocturnal astrophotography.

Woke up very early this morning, close to 4 a.m. local time, to go outside in the darkness and stare at the Perseid meteor showers which are visible these days. The meteors or 'shooting stars' as they are locally called, are spectacular - but one must be patient and watch with a metaphorical eagle eye, since they are of short duration, literally flashing for a fraction of a second before disappearing.

On a whim, I set up a camera on a tripod; though I didn't 'capture' any meteors, I got a small handful of images. This was my favorite--

View attachment 232127

I'm taking the liberty of switching cameras from the little X30 which I have been using for the day-to-day Challenge - since the KP is better set up for nocturnal astrophotography.
Great stuff - and switch gear all you want: No restrictions apply (I'm all over the place gear-wise, though the G1X III tends to insinuate itself ever more often these last few days ...).

IMG_2194.jpg

M.

Back