Daily Challenge Day to Day 75

Yet another toy on display in my shop is this little biplane. Originally sold as a high wing slow flyer, I thought the design looked ripe for a kit bash, so I crafted a smaller lower wing to come up with this model. At just a few ounces ready to fly, it is definitely a calm wind flyer, and has only been flown a few times since I built it in 2007. GAS . . . . sigh.

DSCF0155.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yet another toy on display in my shop is this little biplane. Originally sold as a high wing slow flyer, I thought the design looked ripe for a kit bash, so I crafted a smaller lower wing to come up with this model. At just a few ounces ready to fly, it is definitely a calm wind flyer, and has only been flown a few times since I built it in 2007. GAS . . . . sigh.

View attachment 232163
Do these use electric motors or rubber bands?

How the times have changed: a few decades ago (and I realize this dates me, photographically speaking) there were one or two tools which always accompanied me on photography walks or expeditions: either my old Weston meter - which alas was lost - or my Sekonic. I haven't used the Sekonic for a few centuries now - but it still seems to be functioning beautifully and reminds me, once more --- that photography is almost always about the light...

X30_Aug14_Sekonic.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(...and how we choose to render it...

Back