Daily Challenge Day to Day 8

Briefly stepping away from the cigar box instruments to glue the soundboard on a traditional shaped baritone ukulele body. Next up is trimming the overhang and preliminary fitting of the neck.

DSCF0020.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took the family on an outdoor hike, mainly to get away from Zoom meetings, protests and quarantine madness. Hiked to the summit of Mt. Hollywood to enjoy a tranquil view of Los Angeles, despite people being infected by the thousands, mass protesting, looting and riots that have plagued the city in the past week. Through all the emotional turmoil, there's always a sliver of happiness to be found. 🙂

49985655367_c98c54551c_h.jpg

Family hike on the Griffith Park Trails, during the 2020 Global Covid-19 Pandemic.
by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

I particularly like Matt's opening metaphoric choice of the old Beatles song, 'Eight Days a Week' - since lately, my day-to-day existence seems to have been blurring the once-normal distinctions between one day and another - so every one of my weeks has had at least 8 days, though sometimes it seems more like 80.

Anyway, today (hmmmm...what day is it again, exactly?) I walked around the garden after a cleansing rain - and saw these clothespins hanging from the clothesline.

GRDiii_June8_Clothes_pins.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

On a quiet day like this, do these empty clothespins yearn for busier times when they were busily occupied, clamping down on real clothes?

Back