Daily Challenge Day to Day 81

Should put us all into the right perspective: from the standpoint of space and galaxies we're just a neglectable unit, a marginal note in world history. And still it fills you with awe when you look at all the creatures, plants, the beauty of nature and this one species endowed with brains that most are unable to use.
I love Einstein's quote: "Two things show me infinity: the universe and human stupidity. Although I'm not yet sure about the former."

This eatery concentrates on the basics.
pureeats.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of the many curiosities in my workshop is this Black Walnut & Maple cutting board I made in Junior High shop class. I made this as a gift for my grandmother, who had a little dog named Toby at the time. She never used it, but kept it on prominent display in her kitchen. When she passed away in 1986, it found its way back to me. I also keep it on prominent display.

DSCF0165.JPG

In the rural Oregon neighborhood where I live - on an old farmhouse just outside of the town - there is quite a bit of wildlife. In addition to the raptors, occasional nocturnal owls, and bewildering varieties of bird, there are deer, coyotes, skunks, the occasional bear, and sometimes a raccoon or two. Unfortunately, the small road which rings the town has a bit of higher-speed traffic, and there are occasional fatal encounters between the speeding humans in their gasoline and diesel driven mechanical vehicles, and the local fauna. This morning, a raccoon fell victim to a careless driver.

GRII_Aug20_Dead_Raccoon.jpg

Seen during an early morning bicycle ride.

In the rural Oregon neighborhood where I live - on an old farmhouse just outside of the town - there is quite a bit of wildlife. In addition to the raptors, occasional nocturnal owls, and bewildering varieties of bird, there are deer, coyotes, skunks, the occasional bear, and sometimes a raccoon or two. Unfortunately, the small road which rings the town has a bit of higher-speed traffic, and there are occasional fatal encounters between the speeding humans in their gasoline and diesel driven mechanical vehicles, and the local fauna. This morning, a raccoon fell victim to a careless driver.

View attachment 232812

Seen during an early morning bicycle ride.
Lots of this on my road as well. I dodge a lot of little critters driving to work in the morning.

Back