Daily Challenge Day to Day 90

P1025857.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I woke very early this morning. Still very much in shock over losing Tasha, I decided I needed to do something to divert my thoughts, so I opened the box from yesterday's image. It contained the fork I purchased for my bike project. Originally from a Surly Bridge Club, it looks like the original color was red and someone painted it black. I plan to sand it down to bare metal, reprime it, and paint it pewter silver.

DSCF0187.JPG

Sorry folks, but I fubared up today’s post. I got up at 5 to see my wife off and thought I forgot yesterday’s post. I stuck an image from yesterday into the latest thread. I deleted that post and will post a new one once my laptop (which I forgot to plug in) charges. You may see that one again, however, as that sign ain’t going anywhere.

Last edited:
Continuing the ongoing theme of bicycle-related posts - I got a new (Iightly-used) pair of wide, grippy platform-style pedals for my gravel bicycle. Taking the old plastic-bodied pedals off was easy, but attaching the new ones was more difficult than I imagined: one must thread the pedals into the opening on the cranks, and doing this ('threading' them) is more difficult than it sounds. Especially if one happens to be a non-mechanically-inclined nerd, as I am. But....I finally got them on!

X30_Aug28_Bike_Deity_pedals#2.jpg

Next step: riding them ;)

Back