Daily Challenge Day to Day 95

Name
Matt
Start Date
Sep 3, 2020
End Date
Sep 3, 2020
Anyone still remembering this sloth of an OS?

This and its descendants sent me down the GNU/Linux route ...

On a totally different note, this had me scrolling madly to find out if this is actually in Switzerland ...

Well, it certainly isn't :)

Sorry, seriously random again, but sometimes, stumbling upon things is just about all I can manage ...

M.

Anyone still remembering this sloth of an OS?

This and its descendants sent me down the GNU/Linux route ...

On a totally different note, this had me scrolling madly to find out if this is actually in Switzerland ...

Well, it certainly isn't :)

Sorry, seriously random again, but sometimes, stumbling upon things is just about all I can manage ...

M.
If my memory is still working right, Bill's "success" was only possible because he bough one third of the Apple shares so he could get hold of "QuickTime" and other software licences. This enabled his developers to create a visual surface in his OS in the style of the Macs. And you're quite right, Matt, Windows 95 and some of its followers were sloths. I've been working with both systems in their various updated versions since 1990 both at work and at home and I know why I've never changed to the "world of windows and gates".

P1025970.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My photographic inspiration level today feels somewhere between ultra-minimal-to-nonexistant.
So on a whim, I took this photograph of my iPhone screen looking at myself - the old picture-within-a-picture-within-a-picture trope (which used to be a staple of some paintings, and which I remember fondly from the Droste's cocoa or chocolate cans of my youth, with a similar regression-to-infinity as the painting on the chocolate can, of someone holding a chocolate can, with a painting on it, continued...).

EP3_Sept3_Autorretrato_en_iPhone.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The VF-2 EVF is worth its weight in gold on early-generation digital Pens.

Back