Day to Day Challenge

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
After the April 2020 Challenge, several of us expressed their wish to just continue on, which lead to Daily May. The threads showed a nice participation rate, so that can be considered a good success as well.

The thing that some people struggled with wasn't daily posting - but posting an image shot on that day. So, for Day to Day, I'll relax the rules even further, but I'll still set a challenge in the end:
  • You are invited to contribute every - after all, that's the purpose of a rolling daily challenge.
  • If you miss a day, make up for it by posting several images when next participating; you can say so if you want.
  • However, only post several images *if* you feel the need to compensate. Let's keep the threads focused and compact.
  • Try to keep it up: Post on as many days in a row as you can, and really try to post images shot on the day you post.
    • It's what keeps you going; retrieving images from your stash means a break (in both senses of the word - but only one of them is desireable).
    • A tip: Do at least three consecutive days - or even better, a whole week or ten days; in some ways, it's quite like establishing a healthy habit - just do it for a while, you'll adapt.
  • If you find daily shooting onerous, here are a few tips:
    • Don't look for spectacular images, just *look* - this is not about outdoing yourself or others, this is about having fun shooting, and stress relief, not the opposite.
    • Stick with choices and explore opportunities - don't restrict yourself for the sake of restriction, but for the joy of discovering how far you can push things.
    • There's as much fun in switching gear as in holding on to a choice - explore, compare, adjust ... Keep yourself on your toes, but not until it hurts.
    • And, of course: Carry a camera at all times - it's never been easier than nowadays when almost everyone has a sufficiently capable camera in the pants pocket ...
We'll start tomorrow - or at least I will (by just continuing on with what I've been doing for months now); feel free to join me - you're all invited to the party!

M.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
No equipment restrictions? I find this the hardest part.
Steve, send me a list, I'll tell you what to ship my way ;)

Seriously, restrict yourself all you want - I usually do the same (M8 with Voigtländer 28mm f/2 - my true EDC). But since we're running this as a rolling challenge, it's not wise to overdo it. Additional, personal goals can be applied at any time. And as I said, I'll run an - additional! - monthly challenge in July, which in all probability will be a "Single in" affair all the way. I have to make up for April ...

M.

Latest threads

Top Bottom