Day to Day ongoing discussion ...

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Another thanks to Matt @MoonMind is in order now for moderating three challenges in a row. Having an incentive to come up with a photo each day certainly helped in me getting out to shoot. For those who continue with a daily challenge: all the best and just try to keep on shooting, no matter what. More than once I didn't feel like it at all, but still went out and invariably felt better after having done so.
Thanks, Ad, for the kind words - but just for the record, this challenge carries on ... :)

M.

wee-pics

Top Veteran
Sep 13, 2016
Germany
Walter
Another month of shooting finished. Thanks, Matt, for this kind of relaxed challenge, I really enjoyed the variety and the very individual paths of some of the participants.

Although sometimes I didn't quite feel like "dragging myself out", I must say that on the whole I've enjoyed these photo outings. Somehow it made me see my surroundings much more consciously and mindfully while walking. And apart from holidays I've never taken so many pics a day.

Besides, it gave me some surprises, too, about what is possible with the "small package" (Lumix). And only because of having that one with me did I get the little encounters with the hare and the ducklings captured as a nice memory.
If the challenge goes on in July I'll be in. I hope to get the daily shot delivered again.

Dean Smith

Veteran
Nov 3, 2016
I have enjoyed working on this challenge since it made take a closer look at my immediate surroundings. More than that, I enjoyed, and often marveled at, the the work of all of the participants in this challenge. Thank you, Matt for setting this up. While I will not participate in the "Single in July", I look forward to see the participants work.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Even though I struggled with shooting today, of all possible days, we've made it to 100 consecutive days of shooting :)

This has become something of a routine now - the next step for me personally will be to go on the search of new subject matter ... which means either taking the bike or the car first (mostly the former if things work out).

M.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Today I took the opportunity to revisit an image I posted earlier (on day 9 of SiJy) with a more appropriate focal length ...

Shooting an 28mm-e made me appreciate what a real tele, a 135mm-e, should be able to do ... and I was not disappointed, even though I could have done better.

FXE36150.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm not yet perfectly at home with framing with the 135mm-e lens, the Fuji 90mm f/2 - but I'm already pretty good at pre-visualising, and that's very encouraging; I seem to be able enough to "see" in this FoV, even though I don't get the exact positioning of the subject right every time - but I'm getting there.

These challenges provide lots of learning opportunities - among everything else ...

M.

Latest threads

Top Bottom