Micro 4/3 Daytime Live Composite Mode

GaryR

Regular
Sold off all my m4/3 gear years ago, but I've been experimenting again with "Live Composite" Mode on a newly acquired Olympus E-M10 II. I've done my share of star trails, fireworks and night shooting, but I've always been intrigued by LC daytime shooting with a 10-stop ND filter (B+W ND 3.0-1000X 110)

The first two are recent shots with M10 II, and the last was taken in 2017 with a OM-D E-M1.

_6030593.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_6060699.jpg
E-M1_6208397.JPG

Looks like Wharncliffe is as busy as ever. Were you standing near an elephant for the second one? (Curious)

Last edited:
Yes, London rush hour traffic was busy back then, and even worse now. The second was taken from the St. Thomas Elevated Park, just around the corner from Jumbo.

Yes, London rush hour traffic was busy back then, and even worse now. The second was taken from the St. Thomas Elevated Park, just around the corner from Jumbo.

I thought that elevated view of Talbot St. looked familiar. A couple of blocks from Jumbo is the Old St. Thomas Church, built on land donated by my 3rd-great-grandfather. My grandfather Sturgeon is in the Talbotville cemetery, and several generations of my family lived at Paynes Mills just west of there.

I thought that elevated view of Talbot St. looked familiar. A couple of blocks from Jumbo is the Old St. Thomas Church, built on land donated by my 3rd-great-grandfather. My grandfather Sturgeon is in the Talbotville cemetery, and several generations of my family lived at Paynes Mills just west of there.
Small world !! You have quite a long history here in Elgin County, for sure. I've taken many walks (and photographs) around the Old St.T Church.

Sold off all my m4/3 gear years ago, but I've been experimenting again with "Live Composite" Mode on a newly acquired Olympus E-M10 II. I've done my share of star trails, fireworks and night shooting, but I've always been intrigued by LC daytime shooting with a 10-stop ND filter (B+W ND 3.0-1000X 110)

The first two are recent shots with M10 II, and the last was taken in 2017 with a OM-D E-M1.

\View attachment 474433
Great idea. I also have similar gear. I love the last one especially the right hand bottom.

Back