Fuji Dear Fujifilm, I would like to have in the next kaizen firmware upgrade...

Dear Fujifilm, I would like to have in the next kaizen firmware upgrade the ability to view the image in whatever mode I choose when using the film simulation bracket option instead of defaulting back to Provia. It would be even better to be able to have a custom setting bracket feature but I realize that this may be difficult.

Thank you.

Sounds like a good idea, but I thought Fuji has given up on "kaizen firmware upgrades" just doing fixes and compatability updates now.

Having said that I would love to be wrong and my X-T4 gets some nice new features.

Olympus also seems to be no longer adding extra features. The EM1x and EM1.3 I doubt will get anything new now.

I too have the impression the idea of "Kaizen" firmware updates has been abandoned. For example it would be nice if the existing X-Trans IV cameras would be updated with the latest JPG features and fim simulations, they all use the same sensor and same processing unit after all. The X-T3 in particular, but the X100V and X-Pro3 are also missing Eterna Bleach Bypass. It's even more obvious, because recently released X-T30 II has all the latest stuff, while the original X-T30 gets nothing.

Another feature I'd like to see is the ability to disable certain film simulations, so they aren't shown anymore. The list of simulations is getting longer, there are some however I pretty much never use, like Velvia, Monochrome or Povia. Being able to make those invisible and only making them visible if I really want them, would be nice.

Dear Fujifilm, I would like to have in the next kaizen firmware upgrade the ability to view the image in whatever mode I choose when using the film simulation bracket option instead of defaulting back to Provia.
I do not understand this statement Lou. In my X-T3, and it was the same with my X100T, X-T1 and X-H1, when set to film simulation bracketing, any image I took was displayed in each of the simulations. Try it with (for example) Acros, Velvia and Eterna, or any 3 dissimilar simulations. You must set the drive wheel to bracketing, and drive setting (shooting menu page 1 in the menu) to bracket setting/film simulation bracket. This is for JPEG only and not for RAW.

Edit.

Perhaps you mean before the shot is taken. If so, my apologies. When the drive wheel is set to bracketing, you can only view your intended image in Provia, as you said!

Last edited:
I think that the kaisen firmware updates tend to apply to the latest generation of X-Mount sensors.
So there will be firmware level updates for X100V, XE4, XT4, XS10 which will bring new features.
The firmware updates that come for the other cameras are really only to ensure compatibility with new lenses and accessories or to bug-fix problems.

Back