debris

I love nature and it bugs me to see how some people just randomly dispose of their debris where ever they feel like it.

DSC01481%252Bw.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01483%252Bw.jpg

DSC01537%252Bw.jpg

I'm with Bart and Xuereb. On a landscape forum I frequented they talked about a campaign to encourage each member to pick up some litter on each of their photographic outings. Oddly, they quoted Australia as a fine example of this with our "Keep Australia Beautiful", "Don't be a tosser", and "Clean up Australia Day Campaigns"....Humbling for us backward colonials....but a great initiative. So much better than needing to clone stamp out all manner of objects from your image :dash2:

I used to do that on all my canoeing trips, take an extra bag and clean up the riverbank as we went. I still do it when I go hillwalking. My current pet hate is the mountain of foosty bread that is liberally scattered all over the local park. People don't seem to understand they are not feeding the birds, they are feeding the rats, and if bread is blue it's not good for anything to eat! I'm not taking about a scattering of breadcrumbs, this is whole loaves, chains of rolls...

I just cant help wondering why. Why would you put an old fire extinguisher canister in a tree? why? What kind of lunacy exists in this world that something like that happens?

Cleanup... yep where possible. On a main road near where I live, theres a woman who goes on a morning walk with a bag and a picker-upper gadget. She does both sides of the road for about 5 kms. Thats what I call civic minded. The sad thing is, it never ends. I saw her out one morning and was following a car in which one of the passengers threw out an empty cigarette pack - right in front of her. I just dont get that at all.

Back