December Doodads - Day Twenty-six

Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Hmmmm. I thought long and hard before starting off Day 26 of the Doodads.....and my Doodad today is somewhat of a family heirloom, and an object which has a lot of personal meaning for me. It is my father's old Leica IIIc - which also happens to the be first camera I ever used to take pictures with.

11581052833_72f91d113d_b.jpg

My father's Leica by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Hmmmm. I thought long and hard before starting off Day 26 of the Doodads.....and my Doodad today is somewhat of a family heirloom, and an object which has a lot of personal meaning for me. It is my father's old Leica IIIc - which also happens to the be first camera I ever used to take pictures with.

11581052833_72f91d113d_b.jpg

My father's Leica by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr
It's beautifully made and beautifully photographed!

Synchronicity! You may remember the yellowish green, "greasy" glass mini vase I posted yesterday. With my brand new UV flashlight, I was able to confirm by its lime green glow that it is indeed genuine "Vaseline glass." Which is another name for uranium glass. Yes, folks, this little mouth blown baby is 2% uranium dioxide, and this photo is an SOOC cellphone photo, a bit blurred but pretty darn accurate as to the color of the glass.
Some early art glass will set off a Geiger counter or fog photographic film. Vaseline glass shouldn't register over background levels of radiation. Nonetheless, I'm keeping this and the vase my mother-in-law gave me in a room I don't spend much time in, and I'm not expanding my collection!
11596805656_41b2fe9986_b.jpg

Vaseline Glass Mini Vase Under Blacklight by rubyj29, on Flickr

Back