Sony Deleting card images

Hal

Name
Hal C
Hope some one can help. After I download images from the SD card I try to delete the images from the card. When I look at what's left on the card I see "unable to display" with question mark. What am I doing wrong. The oldster.

I don't know what the + or -, of it is. But, I simply 'move' my images via cable, to the computer. I select all and holding shift while clicking on the last image and dragging to my 'dump' folder, for sorting etc. Card is now empty and ready for shooting. So far, no issues.

Hope some one can help. After I download images from the SD card I try to delete the images from the card. When I look at what's left on the card I see "unable to display" with question mark. What am I doing wrong. The oldster.

I think maybe you have something set to delete when downloaded, so when you look to see whats left, there isnt anything.

I get the same thing with my new a7ii. I put the card in my MBP and copy the files. I then delete the images from the card. When I put the card back in the camera I get the same message and normally ends with me reformatting the card.

Now, after I finish with the card in the computer I just leave everything on it and put it back in the camera and bulk delete from there. Seems less problematic.

Back