Dell Financial Services (DFS) - Weird payment restrictions

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Anybody ever finance their computer gear using Dell's DFS (Dell Financial Services) program? Come across anything weird with them?

I had my laptop going through them and setup with automatic payments each month. Tired of paying interest I went to pay off the full balance online only to be blocked. Nope, can't do that because online you can only make one payment within any 10 day window and an automated payment had already gone through recently.

Say what?! :confused:

I ended up having to call them on the phone and speaking to a live person to have them accept the payment.

I auto pay through my bank and they have accepted them every time. Id say try that in the future if this issue persists.

I can't say I've every experienced what you have though and I've financed a bunch through them.

I auto pay through my bank and they have accepted them every time. Id say try that in the future if this issue persists.

I can't say I've every experienced what you have though and I've financed a bunch through them.
The auto pay was working fine, they just wouldn't accept another payment within 10 days. The CSR was aware of what I was running into and was able to process the payment manually.

Just seems weird that a company would restrict how often a payment can be made coming to them.

The auto pay was working fine, they just wouldn't accept another payment within 10 days. The CSR was aware of what I was running into and was able to process the payment manually.

Just seems weird that a company would restrict how often a payment can be made coming to them.

My guess is that it was an automated protection of sorts. Didn't want you accidentally making double payments.

Back