• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!
digiKam

digiKam 6.x

No permission to download

Cameraderie Bot

Helper Bot
Feb 14, 2019
Cameraderie Bot submitted a new resource:

digiKam - Professional Photo Management with the Power of Open Source

What is digiKam?

digiKam is an advanced open-source digital photo management application that runs on Linux, Windows, and MacOS. The application provides a comprehensive set of tools for importing, managing, editing, and sharing photos and raw files.

Highlights

You can use digiKam’s import capabilities to easily transfer photos, raw files, and...
Read more about this resource...

I may have to check this one out. While I'm liking Luminar 3 for the casual amount of editing I do I'm not sure if it is quite ready to be used for organizing the images on my SAN at the house.

Plus this is open source which is always a nice thing to play around with since the code is available. 🤓

Cameraderie Bot

Helper Bot
Feb 14, 2019
digiKam 6.1.0 is released

Dear digiKam fans and users, after the first digiKam 6 release published in February 2019, we received lots of user feedback to consolidate this important stage of this project started 2 years ago. We are proud to quickly announce the new digiKam 6.1.0, with plenty of new features and fixes. The New Plugins Interface “DPlugins” With 6.0.0, digiKam project has already left the KIPI plugins support and embedded all tools as native solutions without easly permitting to customize and extend the application.

depscribe

Regular
Feb 17, 2013
the deep Appalachian woods
I've been playing with digiKam for awhile, in no small measure because it is the only choice in Linux for functions normally done by DNG Converter and related utilities. But one pays a heavy price, because it insists on keeping track of every image file on one's computer, which is annoying because it reindexes every time it's started. Would be nice if it were more usable as a utility and the indexing, etc., could be turned off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom