Leica Showcase Digilux 2 & 3 Images

MountainMan79

😎💩➡️📸
Name
Chris
The original Digilux was much different, but it’s probably fair to lump the 2 and 3 together. Post images if you have them!
B21E1597-3044-4D65-B6F5-BE20E615525E.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DAE75C9E-1997-4546-8811-DA335B4F2D4B.jpeg

691F3E38-1752-44DE-8F4B-50DA6E948AA4.jpeg

E14761F9-7DE9-4218-AA08-4EFEBFA7D680.jpeg

The Digilux has usually been given short shrift but your photos shows it to be a capable performer. My first knowledge of it was in an Overgaard video of him shooting with it. It is a good camera. But it always helps to have something good to point it at. Nice collection.
Thank you. It’s still very capable of a great image even today. Terribly slow to focus, but the tiny sensor is affixed permanently behind a lovely lens, and can really capture a ton of detail when used slowly.

Thank you. It’s still very capable of a great image even today. Terribly slow to focus, but the tiny sensor is affixed permanently behind a lovely lens, and can really capture a ton of detail when used slowly.

I like very much working with my cameras. They are good. But it is the person who holds the camera who is the greater determining factor. Yes, take the same picture at the same time with an ordinary camera and a top-of-the-line camera with a top-of-the-line lens and you will see a difference. But if it is not a good picture you won't care. I keep trying to get my composition up a notch. It's a pleasant exercise. But it is not an easy exercise. Thankfully electrons are not expensive.

Great camera. Too much overlooked and denigrated. Good pics, too.
Is it really denigrated? I *think* that's a genuine Summicron lens on the Digilux 2 which seems to be reflected in the current asking prices (if that's important to anyone). Regardless of that, it's 5mp sensor and inevitable slow operation compared to today's cameras, it renders some lovely images which is surely what it's all about.

Is it really denigrated? I *think* that's a genuine Summicron lens on the Digilux 2 which seems to be reflected in the current asking prices (if that's important to anyone). Regardless of that, it's 5mp sensor and inevitable slow operation compared to today's cameras, it renders some lovely images which is surely what it's all about.

It seems to be treated like the red-headed stepchild, never quite welcomed as a full-fledged member of the family. And it is a good camera. This may be a reflection of a feeling that for a Leica to be good it has to cost a lot. I have some old and slow digitals which have lovely images, CCD sensor cameras. That's my bias. I am glad to see the Digilux being used. If I did not already have way too many cameras I'd grab one.

Back