Leica Digital Darkroom Derby #004 (Closed - Winner Announced)

betamax

Top Veteran
Name
Alan
Start DateDec 1 Jan, 2022, 8:00am (9PM UTC, 31 Dec.)
End DateDec 4 Jan 2022, 6:00am (7pm UTC, 3 Jan.).

Happy new year!!! This is the 1st DDD for 2022, and the fourth since it began here. A digital image editing/processing challenge. The rules are here. Please read them.

The basic idea is the challenge host provides a source image and participants process it to taste and post one or two entries. The host selects the winner and that winner becomes the host for the next challenge.

The raw and ooc jpeg files are here: cam

This photo was taken on my eBike's maiden voyage - a shortish 20km ride out in some unsealed roads heading into Gerringong Falls, NSW, AU. Soon after this ride, I replaced the hard fixed seat with a suspension one!

_MG_0764.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Darktable 3.8 finally opens CR3 files. That feature arrived in the Christmas release a week ago. Just in the nick of time!

Darktable, my "silver bw" approach and then local spot highlights. The composition itself has all the leading lines needed, this is just extra gravy.

_MG_0764_01.jpg

Challenge is now closed. Thank-you to everyone that participated!

I think the camera took it's white balance off the shadows in these pictures, as the OOC jpeg is a bit on the cool side. And so I was looking for something a little warmer (genuine) to more saturated (a little overdone), and to this end, 3 entries stuck out. Gecko's, Richard's and Bo's first entry. From here, it was a little tough working out the order, but I think

#3 goes to @BosseBe
#2 goes to @gecko

and the winner is...
#1 @RichardC, which while realistic, was only slightly more saturated than I remember, but liked the balance overall.

Those orange flowers were Banksia's Bo. They do indeed stick out particularly when everything else is just 'green'. These aren't the best example but the first I found when glancing through my collection.
P3260482_DxO.jpg

Over to you @RichardC !

Back