Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #025 (closed, results posted)

[...] So I thought that You intentionally underexposed this picture (knowing You never make an exposure error ;)), in the believe that at 17.45 it could not be as dark as in the picture.
Thanks for your explanation.

In low-light shooting, since I am not using the SOOC JPEGs, I don't pay too much attention to the exposure or ISO, as long as the viewfinder works. I just open the aperture and try to capture as much light as I can at the lowest shutter speed I am comfortable with. I plan to push the raw file for exposure during processing. (Grab the photons now and deal with exposure later.)

Even with the great IBIS of the OM-D's, I find my typical camera-shake keeper rate falling off as I venture below 1/30th sec, so that's where I started. As it got darker, I ventured as low as 1/5th sec, but half of those were a blurry mess. Since it was mostly wide angle shooting, I was actually pretty good down to 1/10th sec that night.

Also, my camera's clock was set incorrectly. The cell phone photo I posted was taken about the same time, and it says 18:48. Sunset that day was at 18:11 (local time).

Last edited:
Back