Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #100 - Closed, winner announced

kae1

All-Pro
Name
Ken
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #100, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

To celebrate the hundredth Derby here is a picture of Haworth Engine Sheds/Workshop with a steam engine built in 1899 and a diesel engine from 1962.

P1360458.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RAW and JPEG files are here #100

Derby closes on Thursday 23rd February at 08:00 UTC.

This is Digital Darkroom Derby #100, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

To celebrate the hundredth Derby here is a picture of Haworth Engine Sheds/Workshop with a steam engine built in 1899 and a diesel engine from 1962.

RAW and JPEG files are here #100

Derby closes on Thursday 23rd February at 08:00 UTC.
Yippee. you have scored a cuntury!

Only a small but nevertheless high quality number of submissions this time of another image from a test session with yet another camera :blush: . At some point I'll probably firm up on camera(s) choice, but for now I'm happy to shoot anything which tests out the camera's capability and catches my eye.

I saw the image as a nice opportunity to see how the camera responded with extremes of shade and bright sunlight. So my criteria for the challenge was to see what can be made of the shaded half, the bright sunlight, and the washed out yellow on the diesel, as well as being creative with pruning, cropping and feel. You've all submitted a great range of interpretations making my decision harder.
Untitled-1.jpg

My winner is @Dinobe - I feel you've achieved my top three criteria and I like the slightly wider crop
First runner up - @Zeus - like the colours and clarity and your selective pruning of the branches
Second runner up - @BosseBe #2 - Like both entries with the toy train look and have a slight preference to the B&W

Congratulations @Dinobe and over to you for the next challenge(y)

My interpretation :-
P1360458_DxO.jpg

Back