Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #18 - Closed - Winner Announced.

betamax

Top Veteran
Name
Alan
Welcome to the Digital Darkroom Derby #018, a digital image editing/processing challenge. The rules are here. Please read them.
_MG_4071.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a photo from Macquarie Pass National Park. The sun was shinning through the canopy brightly, resulting in bright spots and plunging shadows, ideal for exposure bracketing, but I tried it in a single shot.

Jpeg, Raw CR3 and Raw DNG are here:Click here

Challenge ends Friday 25 February 2pm Sydney time (2am UTC)

Start up Your computers and get to work!

Last edited:
#1. I couldn't open the .CR3 file in any of my apps (crashed all the time), so worked on the DNG file. Aurora and Photoshop.
Hi Robert,

I just tried the same file and it opens up OK in apple Photos. I wonder if the download from one drive didn't complete maybe? Anyway, deleted it, and copied it over again.

Challenge is now closed! Only a few takers this time, and unfortunately for me (because it makes judging harder) all excellent entries. I think I'll give this one to Robert. A little brighter than real life, it was fairly dark, despite being around 10am and sunny, but I like the colours and handling of the shadows and highlights. A very close second is Hendrik, again, a little brighter than real life, but shifting the young palm to the centre works well. Followed by equal third between Bo and Ken's colour entries.

Thanks to everyone that participated, and it's over to you @RobD!

Challenge is now closed! Only a few takers this time, and unfortunately for me (because it makes judging harder) all excellent entries. I think I'll give this one to Robert. A little brighter than real life, it was fairly dark, despite being around 10am and sunny, but I like the colours and handling of the shadows and highlights. A very close second is Hendrik, again, a little brighter than real life, but shifting the young palm to the centre works well. Followed by equal third between Bo and Ken's colour entries.

Thanks to everyone that participated, and it's over to you @RobD!
Thanks betamax! I wasn't expecting a win as I too thought my image was a bit too bright. I will start searching for an image to start the next challenge.

Back