RobD

Veteran
Name
Robert Davidson
Start Date
Apr 1, 2024
End Date
Apr 4, 2024
Welcome to the Digital Darkroom Derby #190, a digital image editing/processing challenge. The rules are here. Please read them.
Challenge ends on Thursday 4th April at 12pm AEST.
The raw and jpeg can be found here: PhotoChallenge
_6060074 copysm.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Nice image. I can almost smell the eucalypt gum.

Entry 1:

As usual, first passed the raw file through DxO PureRAW 4, mainly for lens correction purposes, before importing the resulting DNG file into Capture One Pro for further editing / processing. I had a bit of a feeling that the photo wasn't quite level and so straightened the image a bit and cropped to the 16:9 aspect ratio to give it more of a panoramic feel. Performed a lot of Highlight recovery (mainly for the sky) and a bit of Shadow recovery. The image still looked a bit flat and so I added a bit of Contrast, some Clarity using the "Punch" method and a little bit of Dehazing. The sky still looked uninteresting and so I masked out the sky and added in a lot more Clarity using the "Punch" method.

_6060074-ORF.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Info: The rules allow the winner 4 days to post the next challenge.

@RobD , I am curious about the bird(s). Looks like a two-headed cockatoo at this scale. And I am not at liberty to look at the raw file right now. ( I am on a ship in Cadiz getting ready to go on a day tour.)

Back