Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #30 - Winner announced

BosseBe

Top Veteran
Welcome to challenge number 30 in the Digital Darkroom Derby.

Rules are here, please read them.

This is an old picture, it is from 2015, taken when visiting with my distant relative in New Jersey, who kindly showed me around a bit.
I might have used this image for the Post Processing Challenge over at µ-43 forum, but hope you all can enjoy the challenge anyway!
P1020619.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The files (JPG and Raw) can be found here.

This contest will end on Saturday evening 18:00 CET 2022-04-09.
Yes I know it is not a full 72 hours but that gives me time to do the judging on Saturday night.

Well if anyone of you can point out what buildings we see it would be cool!
I think I have identified the Empire State Building.
I'm far from an expert in the NYC skyline, having only visited the city on a couple of occasions. But that group to the right is the financial district, with the tallest structure being One World Trade (a.k.a. the Freedom Tower).

The group to the left would be Midtown, with the tallest structure there being the Empire State Building.

Beyond that, I would commend you to the Manhattan Skyline Explorer or to Google Maps.

- K

Sorry, I am a little late in closing this contest, but my excuse is that no one posted today!
Something was nagging my mind, there was something I needed to do on Saturday night!
So the Derby is now closed and I will attempt to find a winner etc.

Not so many entries in this so that makes my work easier.
I generally liked the ones that got rid of the haze over the buildings.

So here is the verdict from the Swedish jury:

2nd runner up: @Zeus1 for the panoramic crop, I did like the ones that kept the foreground and the sky more.
1st runner up: @RobD #2, Good job, but in my mind the colors of the trees in the foreground are a bit to much.
Winner: @WhidbeyLVR, both your pictures got the highest points from the Swedish jury, me, but I really liked the B&W treatment best!

So over to you @WhidbeyLVR!

Not so many entries in this so that makes my work easier.
I generally liked the ones that got rid of the haze over the buildings.

So here is the verdict from the Swedish jury:

2nd runner up: @Zeus1 for the panoramic crop, I did like the ones that kept the foreground and the sky more.
1st runner up: @RobD #2, Good job, but in my mind the colors of the trees in the foreground are a bit to much.
Winner: @WhidbeyLVR, both your pictures got the highest points from the Swedish jury, me, but I really liked the B&W treatment best!

So over to you @WhidbeyLVR!
Thank you, Bo! It was a good challenge. I wish we had a few more participants, but I will carry on.

The new challenge is here: Challenge! - Digital Darkroom Derby #31

Back