Challenge! Digital Darkroom Derby #51 - Closed - Winner announced.

betamax

Veteran
Name
Alan
Start Date
Jul 6, 2022
End Date
Jul 10, 2022
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #51, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

This is a photo of an Anglican Church in the little town of Bodalla.

_MG_4424.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raw and jpeg can be found here: crdrie

Challenge closes Sunday 8am Sydney Time (approx 8pm Saturday UTC/Greenwich).

Thank you for participating.

Last edited:

betamax

Veteran
Name
Alan
Hi folks, and and thank-you to everyone that participated. I found this photo tricky to PP. The sloping grass at the front made framing a little difficult. It’s as if I should have shot this one in portrait mode instead of landscape. The gold styled paintwork can get a bit overpowering and the sky can become a little distracting. But…

2nd runner up - I couldn’t decide between RobD’s entry and Lyles colour entry, so I’ll give it to Lyle for getting rid of the distracting branches on the mid-right of the image. Both very natural looking images.

Runner up is @Hendriks' 2nd B/W entry. Very nice. It deals with the distractions nicely through the soft tones.

And winner is @wee-pics! I liked the flatter aspect ratio. The building filled the frame more and together with being B/W there appeared to be less competition from the sky for attention while having some nice lighting.

So it’s over to @wee-pics for challenge #52!