Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #51 - Closed - Winner announced.

betamax

Top Veteran
Name
Alan
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #51, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

This is a photo of an Anglican Church in the little town of Bodalla.

_MG_4424.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raw and jpeg can be found here: crdrie

Challenge closes Sunday 8am Sydney Time (approx 8pm Saturday UTC/Greenwich).

Thank you for participating.

Last edited:
Opened in Camera Raw. Corrected verticals and tilted forward slightly. Cropped. TK Action panel to darken sky and lighten the darkest foliage. Nik Colour FX to add contrast and extract detail. Small vignette.

_MG_4424.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi folks, and and thank-you to everyone that participated. I found this photo tricky to PP. The sloping grass at the front made framing a little difficult. It’s as if I should have shot this one in portrait mode instead of landscape. The gold styled paintwork can get a bit overpowering and the sky can become a little distracting. But…

2nd runner up - I couldn’t decide between RobD’s entry and Lyles colour entry, so I’ll give it to Lyle for getting rid of the distracting branches on the mid-right of the image. Both very natural looking images.

Runner up is @Hendriks' 2nd B/W entry. Very nice. It deals with the distractions nicely through the soft tones.

And winner is @wee-pics! I liked the flatter aspect ratio. The building filled the frame more and together with being B/W there appeared to be less competition from the sky for attention while having some nice lighting.

So it’s over to @wee-pics for challenge #52!

Back