Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #53 (closed, results posted)

Name
Lyle
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #53, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

DDD053-web.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fresh from my camera yesterday afternoon: Eagle's nest above our local beach. The fledgling is flexing his wings, screwing up his courage to take first flight. (No, he didn't while I was there.)

The RAW and JPG files are here.

The challenge will close at the end of the day on Sunday, July 17th. I will post the results on Monday.

If you haven't entered the DDD challenges before, please join us and give it a try. All are welcomed -- the more, the merrier! Have fun!

Yes, this was a tough one. Many thanks to those of you brave enough to attempt it and willing to post results!

My major judging criterion was how well the eaglet was differentiated from the confusing background while still looking natural or realistic..

• winner: @kae1 . Your sneaky editing of the foliage provided an nice clean profile of the fledgling . Nice solution.
  • 1st Runner-Up: @Zeus1 . Raising the shadows helped make the bird more easily visible.
  • 2nd Runner-Up: @betamax . The blurring of the corners was surprisingly effective in drawing attention to the central subject.

Thanks for the comic relief from several of you, too!

My attempt at solving the problem is posted in the "Show Birds" thread:

Back