Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #54 - Winner announced

kae1

All-Pro
Name
Ken
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #54, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

P1483361.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raw and JPEG files DDD54

Challenge closes 08:00BST on Friday 22nd July.

Seeing the superb entries so far, I feel quite safe in entering. Edited raw file in DxO PL5 then tweaked in Elements. Discovered that Nik Color Efex has a nice curves function (Levels and Curves), very useful since I miss such capability in Elements. I think it is rather overdone.

P1483361_DxOsdc3LL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ninety five percent of my photography is trying to capture moving cars/bikes and most of the other five percent is trying to capture moving light! This image was taken in autumn when the colours have moved from green and the clouds just wantrd to move. There was a small chink of sunlight on the mountain which had caught my eye against the flat-ish lit landscape and I hoped PP would make it more interesting at home.

All you submissions proved that PP was the right answer with a great range of submissions from realistic to dramatic. From your submissions I’ve learned that I need to think more about what I am aiming for in PP and work a lot more on my colours and contrast – so thank you.

1658474181228.png

Third place – @Stiga I like both of your dramatic submissions equally and can’t choose between them
Second place – @RobD – I like the more realistic colours, the contrast and the clouds
Winner – @Zeus1 – I like the balance of the subtler colours, contrast, the detail in the foreground, and the dramatic clouds

Congratulations Hendrik and over to you.

Back