Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #67 - Closed, Winner announced

BosseBe

Top Veteran
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #66, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.
P1030714.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E6 in northern Norway.

Raw och JPG files can be found here.

The derby will close at 19:00 CET on Friday 23 September 2022.

This is Digital Darkroom Derby #66, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.
View attachment 337194
E6 in northern Norway.

Raw och JPG files can be found here.

The derby will close at 19:00 CET on Friday 23 September 2022.
Bo, you may want to edit the thread to add the “challenge” tag. I think it makes it easier for mods to highlight it in the challenges section.

I like photos which include roads which go around a corner. A tantalising start to a story........ What lies around the corner? Behind that hump? There was too much grey sky which didn't add much to the story and so I cropped the photo to 16:9 and left most of the road in.

I edited the photo using Capture One Pro and added a bit of contrast (+8), maxed out highlight recovery (-100), recovered shadows (+30) and added a bit of brightness (+10).

P1030714.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you all for participating, good job all of you.

As usual I have used XnView MP for judging, going through the pictures and giving points to the ones that goes to the next level in each round. (There is a tool to show only pictures with a rating that is equal or above a certain point, I use this to cull the pictures with lower ratings, so I get fewer pictures in each round.)
So I ended up with 3 entries in the end (Surprise!) and just looked at them again and again for a while until I had decided the order.

So here are the results from the Swedish jury:
2nd Runner up: @griffljg #1, like the crop and the colors, the sky has life in it.
1st Runner up: @Herbert Hound #1, same comments as to Larry above, but a little darker which I like.
Winner: @Taneli #2, A different crop but I like it and I also like the colors and the sky, this is a little cooler and that works for me.

So @Taneli, Daniel your up next!

Back