Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #68

Taneli

Veteran
Name
Daniel
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #68, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

_DSC0356.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My pal which I use to see on my favorite bicycle ride, I always get happy when passing here.

Raw and JPG files can be found here (this time a .NEF! It actually rhymes on the pigs sound in swedish which is NÖFF :) ).

The derby will close at 19:00 CET on Monday 26 September 2022.

Out of contest, just for fun.
_DSC0356.XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some 50 miles from here they have the so-called "Hohenlohe domestic pig", a special breed with two pairs of ribs more, so you get four ribs or chops more. This is the stretched XXL-version of that breed.

Last edited:
Got this idea when I tried to sleep yesterday :D

Nef-nef.jpg

Well well. It was hard to pick a winner. I had sorted out a few nice but then sort out just three and a winner was for sure a challenge.

But I think I liked the PP that enhanced the portrayal feeling of it. Rather than enhancing details/colors. So I found the following three (I have reffered to them as the thread post number, upper right corner in each post).

Winner! @gecko (#2). I really liked your processing, lifting the light, a soft feeling to it. And the warmer tones. Maybe that was almost too much warm tones :) but it works here. I think this one stood out in preference to the other ones.
1st runner-up: @Hendrik (#7). The crop is awesome. The lighting adjust very nice, vignetting is nice. Like that you preserved natural colors. This one was very good! I wish you both could have won :)
2nd runner-up: @RobD (#3). This one also very nice, natural touch, good crop, good exposure work. I liked it.

One joker! @Peano (#12). Totally awesome threatment, the added shadows are wonderful. If you just had competed with that one!

Over to @gecko then!

Got this idea when I tried to sleep yesterday :D

View attachment 338478

Well well. It was hard to pick a winner. I had sorted out a few nice but then sort out just three and a winner was for sure a challenge.

But I think I liked the PP that enhanced the portrayal feeling of it. Rather than enhancing details/colors. So I found the following three (I have reffered to them as the thread post number, upper right corner in each post).

Winner! @gecko (#2). I really liked your processing, lifting the light, a soft feeling to it. And the warmer tones. Maybe that was almost too much warm tones :) but it works here. I think this one stood out in preference to the other ones.
1st runner-up: @Hendrik (#7). The crop is awesome. The lighting adjust very nice, vignetting is nice. Like that you preserved natural colors. This one was very good! I wish you both could have won :)
2nd runner-up: @RobD (#3). This one also very nice, natural touch, good crop, good exposure work. I liked it.

One joker! @Peano (#12). Totally awesome threatment, the added shadows are wonderful. If you just had competed with that one!

Over to @gecko then!
Thank you, Daniel. This was unexpected, especially with all the many excellent entries. I'll try to post something as soon as I can find something even vaguely suitable.
I like your flying pig!

Back