Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #73 - Closed - Winner Announced!

betamax

Top Veteran
Name
Alan
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #73, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here.

Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

Took this photo a decade ago while touring Peru.

P0090608.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The raw and unprocessed JPG files are here.

The challenge will run for 3 days. Challenge ends around 9pm AEDST (approx 10AM CUT/GMT) on the 17th October.

Interesting Challenge. I edited the raw file in DxO PL5 (basic stuff: light levels, noise reduction, etc.) I then edited the resulting tiff file in Elements. I thought that this image invited experimentation, so I basically duplicated the main layer then used the Emboss filter (which emphasized the textures), reduced the layer's opacity to 50%, then tried various Blend modes, and settled on "Hard Light".

P0090608_DxOscdLL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
thank you to everyone that participated! Sorry for running a day late but I'll make up for it by a quick decision! Unfortunately for me, they’re all very good as well. I was looking for creative renditions, and there were quiet a few, and I favoured the B/w versions.

So without further ado:

# 3: Colin - your first entry. I like the high-contrast particulary focused on the skull. It was almost neck and neck with...
# 2. Irene. Nice crisp version, with nice contrast….
# 1. the winner - Bo’s 3rd version (2nd one was out-of-contest). I liked the blur vignette and sepia look.

Over to you @BosseBe!

Back