Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #77 - Closed - Winner Announced!

betamax

Top Veteran
Name
Alan
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #77, a digital image editing/processing challenge.

Please read the rules here.

Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

These images are going back a decade or so from my o/s trip, so hopefully I haven't used them before! Challenge ends around 6pm local time Sunday (6am Sunday UTC).

PC050413.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Raw and Jpeg's are here: ddd77

Hopefully I've set all the tags right this time!

Alan.

Entry #1. A crop followed by a "Classic Chrome" preset. Masked the grass and muted it, masked the brickwork and upped the clarity and saturation. Intersected a sky mask with a gradient mask to bring out some structure in the sky without affecting the tree or mountains. All in LR except the border in PS.

PC050413-Edit.jpg

Entry #1. I am out of practice as I've not been working with photos for a while, so this very beautiful shot provided me with a good practice image. I used the two raw files, edited them first in DxO PL5 (basic light levels & set white balance to "cloudy") then used Elements to merge them and further tweak the edits.

Untitled_Panorama1dcILL.jpg

In hindsight, this wasn’t a very good image to choose for a challenge, as you’ve all done a great job PPing it, and so it was quiet difficult to pick a winner. There were 3 general ways these were cropped - the pano, the standard one with the tree, or the tight crop down the middle. I my mind this should have been a pano. But you've made me change my mind on this one. Anyway, without further ado as they say, and I did keep changing my top 10 even!

#3 Colin - I like the retro/sepia look. Suits the subject well.
#2 Hendrik! Lovely super wide - it’s what I had in mind, and

#1 Irene’s tigher crop image, with a sepia look as well. The tight crop gives it a little more mystique.

Thank you to everyone that participated!

So, over to you @Irene McC

Back