Darkroom Challenge Digital Darkroom Derby #80 - Winners announced

kae1

All-Pro
Name
Ken
This is Digital Darkroom Derby #80, a digital image editing/processing challenge.
Please read the rules here. Short version: Host provides the challenge image and selects the winner, who then becomes the next host.

A recent picture of an alley in Robin Hoods Bay on the North Yorkshire Coast.
RAW and JPEG images are here DDD#80

Challenge closes at 8:00 UTC on Friday 25th November.

P1644251.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I’d just had a two hour walk in mixed conditions along the coastal path before getting to Robin Hoods Bay – a fishing, smuggling (?) and now tourist village. As it was lunch time and November it was a bit quieter than normal and the sun came out so it was a good opportunity to wander before returning. There are so many narrow cobbled streets with interesting buildings in the village and, as I take way too many pictures, I was spoilt for choice in using one for this challenge.

I had no preconceived ideas of what to do, although I knew something was needed for the old wooden door. You haven’t made it easy for me. You’ve done something with the door, adjusted the distortion and highlights/shadows to different degrees, got rid of some of the 21st century "intrusions", and balanced the colours. I could make an argument for each of your submissions, so well done (y).

1669364264519.png

Whilst I love the non-entry from @Peano too, my top three are:-

2nd runner up – @Irene McC – I like the door, the colours, the distortion correction, and nice balance between the highlights and shadows
Joint runners up – @Zeus1 and @Zeus1 – I couldn’t decide between your submissions as I equally like your colour and B&W submissions
Winner – @betamax #2 – I love the Daguerreotype image, as it is something I would never do. 99% of the image could have been from the 19th century but I like the intrusion of the 21st century too with the satellite dish, burglar alarms, tarmac road and white lines.

Congratulations and over to you, Alan.

Back